Back

表达乐观与悲观

表达乐观与悲观



1. 我对你有信心。I have faith in you。

  = I have confidence in you。

  ● have faith in“相信,信任”

  2. 我敢肯定我们会赢。I’m sure we’ll win。

  A: How do you predict the result of the match?   你预测一下比赛的结果会是什么样?

  B: I’m sure we’ll win。   我敢肯定我们会赢。

  3. 我期待着你的成功。I anticipate your success. ★ anticipate [An5tisipeit] v. 期望,期待

  4. 这事非常容易。 It’s all plain sailing.

A: How are you getting on with your project?   你的项目进展得怎么样了?

  B: Very well. It’s all plain sailing。   很好。这事非常容易。

  ● plain sailing“一帆风顺,进展顺利”

  5. 我对成功抱乐观的态度。I’m very optimistic about our chances of success. = I’m very optimistic that we’ll succeed。

  ★ optimistic [7Cpti5mistik] a. 乐观的

  6. 你一定会成功的。Your work is bound to be successful。

  A: Your work is bound to be successful。   你一定会成功的。

  B: Thank you。   谢谢你。

● be bound to“一定会……”

  7. 我很有把握我们能赢。I’m quite sure we will win. = I’m confident about our victory。

  8. 我有信心,我一定会成功的。I have every confidence in my success。

  A: It seems you’re not nervous at all。   看起来你一点也不紧张。

  B: I have every confidence in my success。  我有信心,我一定会成功的。

  9. 我是个乐观主义者。 I’m an optimist. ★ optimist [5Cptimist] n. 乐观主义者

  10. 我闭着眼睛都能做得到。I can do it blindfolded。

  A: It’s difficult for me to memorize all these English words。   记住所有这些英文单词对我来说太难了。

  B: I can do it blindfolded. 我闭着眼睛都能做得到。 ★ blindfold [5blain?fEul?] v. 蒙住眼睛,使看不见

  11. 我相信他一定能升职。I have every confidence in his promotion.

A: Do you think he will be promoted this time?   你认为这次他会被提升吗?

  B: Yes. I have every confidence in his promotion。  会的,我相信他一定能升职。

  12. 我对未来十分乐观。I’m full of optimism for the future。

  A: I’m full of optimism for the future. 我对未来十分乐观。 B: Me too. 我也是。

  ★ optimism [5CptimizEm] n. 乐观,乐观主义

  13. 我对许多事情都持有乐观的看法。I hold an optimistic view of events。

  A: I hold an optimistic view of events. 我对许多事情都持有乐观的看法。 B: That’s good. 这很好。

  14. 毫无疑问,我们会成功的。There’s no doubt we will win. = Without any doubt, we will win。

  15. 没有什么可担心的。There’s nothing to worry about。

  A: I’m afraid our son will lose his way。   我担心儿子会迷路。

  B: There’s nothing to worry about。   没有什么可担心的。

  16. 一切都会好的。Everything will be fine。

  = Things will turn out all right。

  = Things will work out all right。

  17. 一切都会尽如人意的。Everything will come up roses。

  A: I’m in a bad mood. 我的心情不好。

  B: Don’t worry. Everything will come up roses. 别担心,一切都会尽如人意的。

  ● come up roses“顺利或成功地结束”

  18. 你一定会成功的。You’re bound to win.

A: You’re bound to win. 你一定会成功的。

B: Thank you. 谢谢。

  19. 我总是很乐观。I’m happy with everything. = I’m always very optimistic。

  A: I’m happy with everything. 我总是很乐观。

  B: Life must be good to you。   那生活对你来说一定很美好。

  20. 我是一片茫然。I’m all at sea。

  A: What is your plan for your future? 你有什么计划?

  B: I’m all at sea. 我是一片茫然。

  21. 我很悲观。I’m rather pessimistic。

  I’m not optimistic at all. 我一点也不乐观。

  pessimistic [pesi5mistik] a. 悲观的

  22. 不要期望太高。Don’t get your hopes too high。

  A: Do you think I can pass the final exam?   你觉得我能通过期末考试吗?

  B: Don’t get your hopes too high。   不要期望太高。

  23. 不可能了。No chance at all. = Fat chance。

  24. 我放弃了。I give up。

  ○ I’m throwing in the towel. 我认输了。

  A: Let’s do it from the beginning。   让我们从头开始吧。

  B: I give up。   我放弃了。

  throw in the towel“认输”

25. 我心情很沉重。My heart is heavy。

  = I'm heavy-hearted。

  A: My teacher died of heart attack last night。   我的老师昨晚死于心脏病发作。

  B: My heart is heavy on hearing this。   听到这个消息我心情很沉重。

  26. 果不其然。That figures。

  A: He failed. 他失败了。

B: That figures. He is too proud。   果不其然。他太骄傲了。 ● that figures“合理,讲得通”

  27. 我对此并不乐观。I’m not too happy about it。

  A: How’s your exam?   你考得怎么样?

  B: I’m not too happy about it. 对此我不太乐观。

  28. 我该怎么办呢?Where do I go from here?

  A: I can’t think of any way out now. Where do I go from here?   现在也想不出什么办法。我该怎么办呢?

  B: Don’t lose heart. Everything will be fine tomorrow。   别灰心。明天一切都会好起来的。

  29. 我们无计可施了。We’ve had it。

  A: Did you finally persuade him?   你们最后说服他了吗?

  B: No, we’ve had it。   没有,我们无计可施了。

  ● have had it“完蛋了,没希望了”

  30. 我对此并不乐观。I’m not too optimistic about it。

  A: Do you think we can finish the work on time?   你认为我们能按时完成任务吗?

  B: I’m not too optimistic about it。   我对此并不乐观。

  ★optimistic [7Cpti5mistik] a. 乐观的

  31. 不可以,没希望了。No way. It’s hopeless。

  ○ I’m out of luck this time. 这次我没希望了。

  A: Everything will be OK. 一切都会好的。

  B: No way. It’s hopeless. 不可能,没希望了。

  32. 对我来说这简直是世界末日。It’s the end of the world for me。

  A: Today I’m told I’ve failed three courses. It’s the end of the world for me. 今天我被告知我有三科不及格。对我来说这简直是世界末日。

  B: Oh, that’s too bad. 哦,那可太糟糕了。

  33. 没那么好运气!No such luck!

  A: I believe you will succeed。   我相信你会成功的。

  B: No such luck! 没那么好运气!

  34. 我的心情有些沉重。I’ve got a lot on my mind。

  A: I’ve got a lot on my mind. My best friend passed away yesterday。

  我的心情有些沉重。我最好的朋友昨天去世了。

  B: Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself。

  哦,听到这件事我很难过。你要好好保重。 ● on one's mind“使人担心,惦念”

  35. 事情已经过去了。It’s history. = It’s all over。

  这句话是用来安慰那些经历了悲痛或失意的人,以鼓励其忘记那段令人难过的 记忆。

  36. 我得说我相当悲观。 I have to say I’m rather pessimistic.

A: I hear you want to study in Harvard. Do you see any possibility of getting your visa?   听说你想去哈佛大学学习。你认为有可能拿到签证吗?

  B: I have to say I’m rather pessimistic。   我得说我相当悲观。 possibility [7pCsi5biliti] n. 可能性

  37. 这不行。It can’t be done. A: Can you finish it in a week?   你在一周之内能完成吗?

  B: I’m afraid it can’t be done. 恐怕这不行。

  38. 实在没有办法。That’s the way it goes.

A: You can try another time。   你可以再试一次。

  B: That’s the way it goes。   实在没有办法。

  39. 这样干总比没结果好。Better than nothing。

  ○ Nothing ventured, nothing gained。   不入虎穴,焉得虎子。

  venture [5ventFE] v. 冒险

  40. 除此之外我别无选择。I have no choice but to do so。

  ○ It’s my only choice. 这是我惟一的选择。

  ○ There’s no choice. 没有选择的余地。

  but在这里表示“除了”的意思。

  41. 我的心都碎了。I’m heartbroken. = My heart is broken。

  42. 我感到灰心丧气。I’m downhearted。

  A: I’m downhearted. 我感到灰心丧气。 Section

  B: Don’t worry. It will work out. 别担心。会好起来的。

  downhearted [?aun5??:ti?] a. 垂头丧气的,闷闷不乐的

  43. 我提不起精神做任何事。I don’t feel like doing anything. = I don’t have enthusiasm for anything。

  44. 我们注定会失败 。We are doomed to lose the game。

  = We are doomed to fail。

  = We are bound to lose the game. ● be doomed to“注定”

  45. 我真是山穷水尽了。I’m on my last legs。

  A: God help me! I’m on my last legs. I lost all my money in gambling and my wife left me。   我的天!我真是山穷水尽了。我赌博把钱输光了,老婆也离开了我。

  B: You deserve it!   你活该!

  ● on one’s last legs“垂死,濒于垮台”

  46. 这是命中注定的。It’s fate。

  = It’s doomed。

  ○ It was my destiny. 这就是我的命。

  destiny n. 命运,定数

  47. 干嘛这么沮丧呢?Why are you feeling so depressed?

A: Why are you feeling so depressed, David?   大卫,干嘛这么沮丧呢?

  B: I’ve just parted with my girlfriend。   我刚刚和女朋友分手了。

  depressed a. 沮丧的,情绪低落的